» Technical Interview Questions – Networking
Technical Interview Questions – Networking
Technical Interview Questions – Networking
- What is an IP address?
- What is a subnet mask?
- What is ARP?
- What is ARP Cache Poisoning?
- What is the ANDing process?
- What is a default gateway? What happens if I don't have one?
- Can a workstation computer be configured to browse the Internet and yet NOT have a default gateway?
- What is a subnet?
- What is APIPA?
- What is an RFC? Name a few if possible (not necessarily the numbers, just the ideas behind them)
- What is RFC 1918?
- What is CIDR?
- You have the following Network ID: 22.214.171.124/27. What is the IP range for your network?
- You have the following Network ID: 126.96.36.199. You need at least 500 hosts per network. How many networks can you create? What subnet mask will you use?
- You need to view at network traffic. What will you use? Name a few tools
- How do I know the path that a packet takes to the destination?
- What does the ping 192.168.0.1 -l 1000 -n 100 command do?
- What is DHCP? What are the benefits and drawbacks of using it?
- Describe the steps taken by the client and DHCP server in order to obtain an IP address.
- What is the DHCPNACK and when do I get one? Name 2 scenarios.
- What ports are used by DHCP and the DHCP clients?
- Describe the process of installing a DHCP server in an AD infrastructure.
- What is DHCPINFORM?
- Describe the integration between DHCP and DNS.
- What options in DHCP do you regularly use for an MS network?
- What are User Classes and Vendor Classes in DHCP?
- How do I configure a client machine to use a specific User Class?
- What is the BOOTP protocol used for, where might you find it in Windows network infrastructure?
- DNS zones – describe the differences between the 4 types.
- DNS record types – describe the most important ones.
- Describe the process of working with an external domain name
- Describe the importance of DNS to AD.
- Describe a few methods of finding an MX record for a remote domain on the Internet.
- What does "Disable Recursion" in DNS mean?
- What could cause the Forwarders and Root Hints to be grayed out?
- What is a "Single Label domain name" and what sort of issues can it cause?
- What is the "in-addr.arpa" zone used for?
- What are the requirements from DNS to support AD?
- How do you manually create SRV records in DNS?
- Name 3 benefits of using AD-integrated zones.
- What are the benefits of using Windows 2003 DNS when using AD-integrated zones?
- You installed a new AD domain and the new (and first) DC has not registered its SRV records in DNS. Name a few possible causes.
- What are the benefits and scenarios of using Stub zones?
- What are the benefits and scenarios of using Conditional Forwarding?
- What are the differences between Windows Clustering, Network Load Balancing and Round Robin, and scenarios for each use?
- How do I work with the Host name cache on a client computer?
- How do I clear the DNS cache on the DNS server?
- What is the 188.8.131.52 address used for?
- What is WINS and when do we use it?
- Can you have a Microsoft-based network without any WINS server on it? What are the "considerations" regarding not using WINS?
- Describe the differences between WINS push and pull replications.
- What is the difference between tombstoning a WINS record and simply deleting it?
- Name the NetBIOS names you might expect from a Windows 2003 DC that is registered in WINS.
- Describe the role of the routing table on a host and on a router.
- What are routing protocols? Why do we need them? Name a few.
- What are router interfaces? What types can they be?
- In Windows 2003 routing, what are the interface filters?
- What is NAT?
- What is the real difference between NAT and PAT?
- How do you configure NAT on Windows 2003?
- How do you allow inbound traffic for specific hosts on Windows 2003 NAT?
- What is VPN? What types of VPN does Windows 2000 and beyond work with natively?
- What is IAS? In what scenarios do we use it?
- What's the difference between Mixed mode and Native mode in AD when dealing with RRAS?
- What is the "RAS and IAS" group in AD?
- What are Conditions and Profile in RRAS Policies?
- What types or authentication can a Windows 2003 based RRAS work with?
- How does SSL work?
- How does IPSec work?
- How do I deploy IPSec for a large number of computers?
- What types of authentication can IPSec use?
- What is PFS (Perfect Forward Secrecy) in IPSec?
- How do I monitor IPSec?
- Looking at IPSec-encrypted traffic with a sniffer. What packet types do I see?
- What can you do with NETSH?
- How do I look at the open ports on my machine?
Views: 1591 |
Added by: kirti
| Rating: 0.0/0|